Thursday, July 1, 2010

Life

Today I took the time to just sit and look at Leah, and I tried to just soak in her face, her innocence, her curiosity, her perserverance (she LOVES the trash can and MUST try to eat it whenever possible. Also: eww!). It made me think about life in general. I see her at the beginning of her life with so much to look forward to, and on the other end I see my Grandma, who is starting to slow down and is dealing with scary things like strokes, falls, and the symptoms of something unknown. I know my Grandma has lived a full life, but regardless of when God decides is her time, it's not going to be enough time. I think the same of Leah - regardless of how long I have her in my life, or how long I"m in her life, it won't feel like long enough. With that in the forefront of my mind today, I felt more conscienous of the moments I spent with Leah today, and I realized that spending time with others and focusing on them is so much more important than anything on my agenda. I'll never look back and say to myself, "Man, I wish I could have spent more time doing laundry," but I will say to myself, "What I wouldn't give for one more tea time or one more lazy day of reading and playing with Leah."

No comments:

Post a Comment